Full step by step pictures @ [https://lowcarbingasian.com/keto-seared-salmon/](https://lowcarbingasian.com/keto-seared-salmon/)
**Cook Time / Carb Info**
Prepping Time 8M
Cook Time 2-4M
Total Time 10-12M
Net Carb/Serv 0.4g
1 lb Salmon Fillet (we prefer skin on, but up to you)
Salt to Taste
Black Pepper to Taste
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Butter
1/2 tsp [Soy Sauce](https://amzn.to/2CSPVAH)
1 Garlic Clove
4-5 drops of [Yuzu](https://amzn.to/2pWbecm)
2 inch Stalk of Green Onion
4 Parsley Stem for Garnish (optional)
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Pat down any juice on salmon with a paper towel and sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on both sides of the fillet. Cut into 4 vertical slices about 1 inch width and set aside.
3) Add olive oil to cast iron pan and heat on high (please note that cast iron pan & handle gets VERY hot. So please wear mitts if you need to handle the pan).
4) While waiting for the cast iron pan to heat up, place butter in a mixing bowl and melt in microwave (about 40 seconds but this will vary).
5) Add pressed garlic, soy sauce, and 4-5 drops of yuzu into mixing bowl and mix well. If you do not have a garlic press, just grind it down and if you do not have yuzu, you can substitute with lemon juice.
6) Cut green onions into thin slices and set aside.
7) When cast iron is ready, the oil should be lightly smoking. Reduce heat to medium-high and carefully place salmon cuts into cast iron pan skin down (if applicable) (please note oil will splatter so take precautions. You may partially cover to reduce oil splatter). Cook for 2-2.5 minutes (1.5-2 minutes for skinless). When searing, do not move the meat.
8) After seared, carefully flip the salmon to the other side with a spatula and tong. After flipped, cooked for an additional 1-2 minutes.
9) Carefully transfer salmon to a serving plate. Please note the salmon will be very fragile so it can break apart if not supported on the bottom with a spatula.
10) Lightly drizzle garlic butter sauce and green onion over salmon and serve with vegetable of your choice. Garnish with parsley if you wish.